Get your career in gear today in the fast-paced world of temperature-controlled logistics. Put your education to work now and quickly move from data management and scheduling to more challenging roles in truck brokerage, driver management, customer relations, planning, cost accounting or bid process management. Managing the logistics and safety of our nation’s food supply chain has created many opportunities. Get on the cutting edge of the next “Big Thing” with a company that is committed to innovation.Click here for the full job details
As the Logistics Freight Broker, your primary role will be building long-term relationships with carriers and close transportation deals. You'll be responsible for working with our extensive base of carriers as well as signing up new contract carriers with Brent Redmond Logistics. You will be responsible for sourcing carriers, negotiating rates, scheduling freight and solving problems quickly and effectively. You will manage, service and build customer and carrier relationships. These responsibilities require your ability to find innovative solutions, negotiate deals, and handle day-to-day challenges.
• Execute negotiations with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and closing deals
• Source carrier capacity and Develop a fleet of trucks to haul freight. Develop carrier relationships and contacts at multiple levels Broker freight to contracted carriers.
• Responsible for insuring that all appropriate carrier documentation is complete.
• Master market trends and seasonality
• Convert new relationships into repeat business
• Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
• Add/update order comments
• Enter shipment status information (check calls, loaded calls, unloaded calls, reference number information).
• Monitor brokerage load status screens.
• Communicate pickup and/or delivery issues to customer and Fleet Operations
• Other duties as assigned. Work special projects or assignments as needed.
Our preferred candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics or Business
• Sales and business development experience, preferred
• Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and internet and ability to learn enterprise software
This position is based in our corporate office located in Hollister, CA. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program and benefits package as well as a fantastic environment in which to succeed.Click here for the full job details